Below you'll find several ways my style, philosophies and business differ from the rest. The old “guru” model of, “I am great, you suck, pay me and maybe I’ll fix you” doesn’t work well, it can actually do more harm than good. My intent is to give advice from a place of humility, as in “this is what I’ve done and this is what I have done for others… I can help you create the same results”. I find this is much more effective and pleasant.
- The sophisticated investor makes $$ in any market – up, down, sideways and anyways. No excuses.
- The first investment you should ever make is in yourself. Be a student of the game forever and choose your advisors wisely.
- All your money wants to do is grow and be productive, put your money to work today and every day.
- How can you end up where you want to be if you don’t know where you’re going?.. Goals are your destination, know them deeply in your heart and you will arrive.
- Just remember to enjoy the journey along the way.
- Decide for yourself if investing in real estate is a real business, a goal, just a hobby or a task that needs to get done. All are correct answers.
- Align yourself with others who have what you want and your best interest in mind, learn and profit from their mistakes and advice.
- There is strength in numbers, groups of like-minded individuals create synergy, inspiration and partnerships.
- Investing for cashflow is a long term game, speculation is shorter term game and the best deals have an elemof both.
- A good deal has only 3 main parts:
- The Deal, the numbers or expected return
- The Money or financing method
- The People, you and/or your partner
The ideas above have been the foundation I have used to grow my Real Estate business from just 1 single family rental property into a multi-million dollar portfolio, a thriving real estate investment coaching and consulting business, and being a sought after Realtor representing investors across Ontario.
If you align with any of the ideas above, you can subscribe to my newsletter below where I expand on these ideas and provide valuable information about all things Real Estate